Hi folks! Well, it seems like I have to begin here today with a complaint about your new moderator, Al, who can’t get over the fact that for years I’ve trounced his “arguments” and is now trying to delete posts that do not break rules. For example, he decided that the below violated personal insult rules. Given there are no personal insults there, I find that interesting:
Lesson the first:
– Trying to excuse someone else’s behavior by stating someone else does it as well is an excuse that should have been taught out of you by age 13. I will now substitute for your parents in explaining this childish concept to you.
Lesson the second:
– Attempting to state that the USA has armed rebels for insurrection works, but when you include it in a list of shooting down civilian planes and invading nations for territorial expansion, then you lose the thread.
Lesson the third:
– Scale matters. Yes, the USA has a checkered history, but it is still far less problematic than modern day Russia.
Lesson the fourth:
– What you leave out says more than what you post. Russia HAS killed journalists and dissenters, and they treat LGBT people as sub-human. This isn’t a debate.
Lesson the last:
– Presumption of innocence is a court idea, and does not apply to people’s perceptions and knowledge outside of the courtroom.”
Then there is this one, in which I chide someone for posting lies:
Hmm, must be a new contact then.
Point being, there are enough Russian bots on the internet. They don’t need your help spreading Russian lies.”
Again, no personal insult, again, Al looking to start a fight.
This next one might be on the line, but it is not a traditional insult, only for your new overzealous moderator:
“Thanks for your input, comrade. Give my regards to Nikita.”
Now, normally I would just attribute this to inexperience moderating, but Al specifically threatened me with deletions and bans in our last exchange while he broke several rules including personal insults and spamming. I’m not sure why he was instated as a moderator (I defer to you) but could you please tell him personal vendettas are not part of the process?
You can find the discussions here: